Up-us.info – Taiwanese Popcorn Chicken 🍻. Straight from Taiwan, these savory popcorn chicken bites are addictively delicious. These Taiwanese popcorn chicken bites are addictively delicious. I am sure everybody loves these crunchy little chicken bits.
Note: Product links below are affiliate links. Taiwanese popcorn chicken, also referred to as Crispy Chicken or Salt and Pepper Chicken, is a popular snack often found at tapioca/boba tea cafes. The crunchy bite-sized pieces of chicken are dusted with a special mix of seasoning which makes them quite addicting. You can have Taiwanese Popcorn Chicken 🍻 using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Taiwanese Popcorn Chicken 🍻
- You need 700 gr of Boneless chicken breasts.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Cooking wine.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Soy souce.
- It’s 1 tsp of 5 Spices powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Minced ginger.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Pepper powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 pack of Tapioca starch.
I first had Taiwanese popcorn chicken in the middle of a bustling night market in Taipei. Amid all of the culinary wonders of Taiwan’s street food paradise (braised pork rice! scallion pancakes! red bean cakes!), popcorn chicken seemed almost mundane, scooped unceremoniously into a little paper. Popcorn chicken is a popular Taiwanese street food. This bite size treats is a must-try for anyone visiting Taiwan.
Taiwanese Popcorn Chicken 🍻 step by step
- Cut chicken breasts into small chunks. Place in the large bowl..
- Add all ingredients into the bowl except tapioca powder, and mix it up..
- Marinate the chicken chunks about 10 mnt..
- Place half tapioca starch in the large bowl, then deep the chicken in one by one with tapioca starch. Place it on the plate..
- Once powdered process done, cover the plate with plastic film. Put the chicken chunks into the fridge. Leave it around 30 mnt. So the marination would be great and tastier..
- Once ready to deep frying process, remove the chicken from the fridge..
- Mix chicken chunks with half of tapioca flour. So it would b 2x powdered process..
- And now ready to deep frying. Deep fry with 350 F, until half brown. Remove it. Repeat deep frying once more, until golden brown. It is 2x deep frying process, just for crunchies purpose..
- We can find 5 spices powder and cooking wine at the Asian store so easy..
- Serve it on the plate, springkle with chilly powder and lil bit pepper powder as desire. Its really good..!! 😚😚😚 love it !!.
Now you can make them at home with Taiwanese popcorn chicken is one of many must-try street foods for those visiting Taiwan. Taiwanese Popcorn Chicken seemed the most logical choice. This stuff is really popular in hawker stalls and roadside food as snacks to tourists and locals alike, and is colloquially known as Salt and Pepper Chicken. Five spice assumes a dominant role in the flavor here so if you liked the flavor of my. Recipe by kangningchang. if you’ve ever been to Taiwan, you’ve prob. had this at one point! if not, you’re missing out! these are the approximate measurements i use, add more or less soy sauce to get your desired saltiness. sweet potato starch is used to coat the.