Up-us.info – Blackforest cheesecake. Rich and decadent chocolate cheesecake topped with cherry filling and whipped cream. I have brought this popular cheesecake to every gathering since I created the recipe many years ago. My family asks for it all the time.
This recipe by Carey Enns of Aylmer Ontario. This Blackforest cheesecake recipe is so delicious and full of flavor. It’s one of the many great Add the cherries. You can cook Blackforest cheesecake using 13 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Blackforest cheesecake
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of crushed Oreos (16 cookies).
- You need 3 Tbsp of butter.
- You need 12 oz. (1 bag) of semi-sweet chocolate chips (high quality).
- Prepare 3 packages (8 oz.) of Philadelphia Cream Cheese.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cups of sugar.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- It’s of Whipped Cream (3/4 cup heavy cream).
- You need 1/4 cup of powdered sugar.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla).
- You need 1 can of cherry pie filling.
Top cheesecake with pie filling and whipped topping just before serving. Place Biscuits In The Bowl Of A Food. Black Forest Cheesecake has a fudgy brownie bottom topped with creamy smooth cheesecake that’s served with a sweet, tart cherry compote. This cheesecake variation of a Black Forest cake showcases dark, sweet cherries atop a creamy chocolate filling.
Blackforest cheesecake step by step
- Pull out all ingredients, and allow them to sit out at room temperature while you make the crust..
- Preheat oven to 375F. Crush the cookies in a bag (no need to remove the filling), then place cookie crumbs in a bowl. Melt the butter in a small bowl, then pour butter over crumbs and stir until evenly moist. Dump mixture into the bottom of a 9″springform pan and press down firmly on the bottom and up the sides of the pan about 1″. Bake crust in pre-heated oven for 10 minutes..
- Boil 2 cups of water in a pot. Pour chocolate chips into a heat proof bowl (I use a glass bowl) that is large enough to sit in the pot without being submerged in the water. Place the bowl on top of the pot and let the steam melt the chocolate. Stir until fully melted and smooth. Set aside..
- In the bowl of an electric mixer (using a paddle attachment), blend (room temperature) cream cheese until smooth..
- Add sugar and blend until fully incorporated..
- Add salt, sour cream and vanilla and continue to blend..
- Add melted (and cooled) chocolate and blend to combine..
- Crack eggs into a small bowl and blend together with a fork. Add eggs to the cheesecake mixture and blend on low speed just until combined. You do not want to beat the mixture too much after the eggs are added, or you will incorporate too much air causing it to later puff up and deflate..
- Pour filling into baked crust. Reduce oven temperature to 300F..
- Bake cheesecake in a water bath for 55-65 minutes, until the center barely jiggles when nudged..
- To prepare water bath, wrap the cheesecake pan (bottom and sides) with foil, (you may need to criss cross a few sheets of foil) so that no water can get into the pan. Place the foil wrapped cheesecake pan in a large roasting pan or baking dish, then pour HOT water into the roasting dish until the water is about 1″ deep. Carefully move to oven and bake..
- Cool cheesecake at room temperature 30 minutes, then cover and move to the refrigerator and chill for 8 hours or overnight..
- Top chilled cheesecake with whipped cream (3/4 cup heavy cream, 1/4 cup powdered sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla). Beat cream until it begins to thicken, add powdered sugar and vanilla, then continue to beat until thick and fluffy..
- Top whipped cream layer with 1 can of cherry pie filling..
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Cut with a sharp knife, and wipe off the knife with a moist/hot washcloth between cuts..
The lovely presentation makes it a good choice for a special. This Black Forest Cheesecake is a decadent dark chocolate cheesecake topped with cherries, whipped cream, and chocolate curls for a delicious and beautiful dessert. This dark, indulgent chocolate cheesecake swirled with cherries is a great showstopper for any occasion. If you love black forest cake and you love cheesecake then you must combine the two and enjoy this Black Forest Cheesecake. Black Forest Cheesecakes layered with an Oreo crust, a rich, velvety smooth chocolate cheesecake, sweet and fluffy whipped creamy and a slightly tart, vibrantly red luscious.